In preparation for a massive overhaul that includes the addition of Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
has had some cosmetic and thematic changes over the last year. Despite the park being in “transition mode” you can still enjoy plenty of thrills, games and even Star Wars fun. Let’s take a look at what there is to do at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
1. Star Wars - While Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge isn’t slated to open for another two years, Star Wars fans can still travel to a galaxy far, far away on Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. Fans can also test out their Jedi skills at Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple. For even more Star Wars fun head to Star Wars Awakens, including Launch Bay where you can meet Kylo Ren and Chewbacca and the “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” stage show. End the night with Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show.
2. Rock ’N’ Roller Coaster – One thing you absolutely cannot miss at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the thrill coaster Rock ’N’ Roller Coaster. This is by far the most thrilling thing happening at the park right now. Guests will get the chance to speed through the streets of L.A. at 60 miles per hour while listening to Aerosmith’s biggest hits. The inversions, corkscrews and g-forces are scream-worthy.
3. Toy Story Mania – Another hit attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is Toy Story Mania. This midway style 4D shooting ride lets you zip through a virtual reality gallery of carnival games based on Toy Story. You’ll find yourself inside Andy’s room where you will wind your way through a toy treasure chest and play 5 virtual carnival games alongside the cast of the Disney/Pixar Toy Story films.
4. Shows – Disney’s Hollywood Studios has several shows that are worth seeing including Frozen Sing-along, Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and Muppet Vision 3D.
5. Disney Movie Magic – Speaking of nighttime shows, Disney introduced the new projection show Disney Movie Magic on Grumman’s Chinese Theater. The show lasts 10 minutes and occurs 30 minutes before Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. The show includes many Disney films like Beauty and the Beast, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Jungle Book and Tron.
Orlando, FL 9/18/2017