The 20th annual Epcot Flower & Garden Festival will bud into Orlando on March 6, 2013 and this year Walt Disney World ® is celebrating the impressive milestone with more topiaries, HGTV stars and as always an impressive lineup of Flower Power Concert artists!
A highlight of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, the Flower Power Concert series will sing its way back into the park beginning before the festival even kicks off with everybody’s favorite artists from the ‘60’s and ‘70’s including Chubby Checkers, The Village People, Starship, Paul Revere and more. Here is the complete lineup of Flower Power Concert Series artists:
• March 3 – 10, 2013 – Micky Dolenz
• March 15 – 17, 2013 – Chubby Checkers and the Wildcats
• March 22 – 24, 2013 – The Guess Who
• March 29 – 31, 2013 – Nelson
• April 5 – 7, 2013 – The Turtles feat. Flo & Eddie
• April 12 – 14, 2013 – Paul Revere & the Raiders
• April 19 – 21, 2013 – The Village People
• April 26 – 28, 2013 – The Orchestra, starring Former Members of ELO
• May 3 – 5, 2013 – Tommy Roe
• May 10 – 17, 2013 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
• May 17 – 19, 2013 – Starship starring Mickey Thomas
All of the concerts will take place at the America Gardens Theater, Fridays through Sundays at 5:15pm, 6:30pm and 7:45pm.
In addition to the Flower Power Concert Series, Epcot ® is celebrating 20 wonderful years with more than a dozen new food kiosks in the World Showcase! Epcot ® chefs are hard at work creating special menus like Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at the American Adventure Pavilion, Primavera Kitchen at the Italy Pavilion, Hanami at the Japan Pavilion and Florida Fresh at World Showcase Promenade. Guests can expect to fill up on shrimp and grits; Zellwood corn; angel food cake with macerated Florida berries; watermelon salad with pickled red onions; baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction; sweet "frushi" made with fresh fruits and coconut rice and sip on such specialty drinks as Dole Whip with Spiced Rum, Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves Winery, Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade and Wild Berry Slush while they enjoy the gorgeous flowers and gardens of the festival.
Other Epcot Flower & Garden Festival highlights include:
• A larger-than-life Fab Five Disney character topiary. Your favorite Disney ® characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Donald Duck and Daisy will come alive in flower version as they star in a celebratory cookout scene in living topiary color. The 14-foot-tall Goofy topiary will top an anniversary cake while Donald and Daisy play badminton, Mickey mans the grill, Pluto steals a link of hot dogs and Minnie relaxes on a colorful blanket of flowers.
• Illuminated Gardens that will twinkle and glow over the festival’s gardens and topiaries each festival evening.
Stay tuned for more details on the 20th annual Epcot Flower & Garden Festival beginning March 6 at Walt Disney World ®.
Orlando, FL – 02/08/13