A trip to Walt Disney World ® more than likely includes you visiting your favorite rides and attractions and meeting and greeting a few Disney ® characters. What it may not include is looking for dozens of tiny Mickey Mouse patterns hidden throughout all four Disney ® parks, but it should because the hidden Mickey Mouse game is quite exciting!
Families have been adding a little extra fun to their Walt Disney World vacation by having the whole family play the Hidden Mickey Game. You can play it anyway you like, but most families use cameras to document their findings. After one full day at Disney World, each family member or teams count how many photos of Hidden Mickey’s they’ve got on file. The person or group with the most Mickeys win! It’s always a nice idea to set a prize for fun family competition. Kids love it.
You know you’re going to see Mickey Mouse during your visit but with the hidden Mickey Mouse game you have no idea how much you’ll spot the famous mouse. From the Magic Kingdom ® to Epcot ® to Disney’s Hollywood Studios ® and beyond, guests can spend the day searching for the famous mouse head and ears in carpet patterns, tiles, wallpaper and gift shops. There is no official number to be on the lookout for, as no one is quite sure how many hidden Mickeys there are but there are certainly enough to keep you occupied for days. Here are just a few of the ones Best of Orlando has discovered over the years. Let us know what you have found:
Magic Kingdom ®
- In the Haunted Mansion banquet scene, the arrangement of the plate and adjoining saucers on the table eerily resemble a Mickey head.
- In the Africa scene of it's a small world, be on the lookout for the arrangement of the purple flowers on a vine on the elephant's left side.
- When you’re not flying down the waterfall on Splash Mountain keep your eyes peeled for Mickey lying on his back in the pink clouds to the right of the Zip-A-Dee Lady paddle-wheeler.
- There are three hidden Mickeys on the wall around Mission: Space.
- There is a hidden Mickey right at the top of the large block statue in the Mexico Pavilion; it’s visible when climbing the stairs.
- In Maelstrom in the Norway Pavilion, look for the Viking who is wearing Mickey ears in the wall mural facing the loading dock.
Hollywood Studios ®
- On the Great Movie Ride, be on the lookout for a hidden Mickey on the window above the bank in the gangster scene.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror offers up more than eight hidden Mickeys, one being the bell for the elevator behind Rod Serling in the film.
- Outside Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, look for two HMs in the rotunda area's tile floor. (Reportedly, the entire coaster is one giant HM.)
- There is also the park's least Hidden Mickey – the Earful Tower, the park’s tall water tower, which is fitted with a pair of Mouseket-"ears."
Animal Kingdom ®
- At the Boneyard in DinoLand U.S.A, a fan and two hard hats form a hidden Mickey.
- Rafiki's Planet Watch offers 25 hidden Mickeys in murals, tree trunks and paintings of animals.
- The photo above was taken at Rafiki’s Planet Watch. The Mickey is formed by samples of Python, Skink, and Monitor skin in petri dishes.
Orlando, FL – 01/23/13