Well, it’s official! Walt Disney World’s ® new Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom ® is now up and running, or at least some of it anyway.
Beginning today, guests to Magic Kingdom ® will be able to experience the new expansion’s “Preview Period,” which means you can experience many of Fantasyland’s new rides, shows, attractions and restaurants. But since this is just a “Preview Period” their will be some limitations on a few of the experiences like limited operation hours.
Guests can enjoy the following new areas:
• Be Our Guest Restaurant — Be transported to the magical world of “Beauty and the Beast” and savor the delicious flavors of France at Be Our Guest Restaurant. This themed, French-inspired restaurant serves up quick-service meals by day and traditional table service by night.
• Bonjour! Village Gifts — Shop your favorite “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Little Mermaid” souvenirs including “Beauty and the Beast” dinnerware, Belle princess outfits, castle artwork, Gaston’s Tavern T-Shirts and much more at this retail shop in Belle’s Village.
• Enchanted Tales With Belle — This interactive show gives guests a one-on-one with Belle from “Beauty and the Beast” as you enter Maurice’s cottage and watch the beauty re-enact some of the popular scenes from the hit Disney ® movie.
• Gaston’s Tavern — Another themed eatery based off of “Beauty and the Beast,” Gaston’s Tavern takes guests to the pub of ego-maniac Gaston where you’ll be able to enjoy the tavern’s popular menu items, pork shank and Le Fou’s Brew - a no sugar-added frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam.
• Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid — Become a part of Ariel’s underwater world on this unique under the sea adventure. Guests will enter Prince Eric’s Castle, board a clamshell and enjoy a musical adventure that takes you inside scenes from the animated movie. Along the way you’ll come in contact with a few of the film’s most popular characters as you sing and dance along to the catchy hit songs.
All of these restaurants, rides and attractions are in addition to the already open Storybook Circus area that includes the Casey Jr., Splash and Soak Station, Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride and Pete’s Silly Sideshow meet-and-greet.
To get a sneak peak at the new Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom ® look for discounted Walt Disney World ® tickets right here on Best of Orlando. Stay tuned for more details on the area’s full debut on Dec. 6.
Orlando, FL - 11/19/12