Swim Where the Manatees Live
Take a Gray Line Orlando Tour to visit and swim with the gentle giants of the sea, manatees. Just a bit West of Orlando is Crystal River, which is home to manatees year round. Known as the Manatee Haven, Crystal River can have up to hundreds of manatees in the water at peak season. This endangered species is also known as the sea cow and weighs in at 1,300 lbs and about 13 feet long. The tour begins with a pontoon boat cruise. Masks, snorkels, and fins are provided as you are guided by a certified dive master snorkeling around the home of the manatees and experiencing their grandeur first hand. After the guided boat ride of Crystal River, enjoy a hot lunch and prepare for your visit to the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, where you can learn more about manatees and join a feeding session with a park ranger. The park is also home to bobcats, alligators, Florida panthers, river otters, red wolves, bears, hippos, and lots of native bird species, so there are loads to explore within the Florida wildlife park.Tour Includes:
- Round-Trip transportation between Orlando and Crystal River
- A breakfast bag given on the way to Crystal River
- A manatee encounter pontoon boat cruise on a PADI dive regulated vessel, including snorkel, fins and mask
- Entrance to the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park
7AM- Depart from Orlando
9AM- Arrive at Crystal River
3PM- Depart from Homosassa State Park
- Bring your camera, sunscreen, towels, and swimsuits under your clothes
- Wetsuits are available for an extra fee.
Tour runs every Saturday
Pick Up Schedule:
Courtesy pickups are available from centralized meeting points around Orlando, Kissimmee and Disney areas. All pick up locations allow free car parking and are easy distinguishable.