Even if you attend an Orlando theme park several times a year it still can be hard to know how to best utilize your time and take full advantage of the theme park, especially when it comes to how to ride the roller coasters. Take it from us, there are plenty of tips and tricks to help ensure you’re getting the most out of every ride, one being the single rider line. Whether you’re by yourself, with friends and family or just want to beat the crowds here are the best single rider Do’s & Don’ts at Orlando theme parks:
Single Rider Do’s:
- Take advantage of single rider line at the roller coasters, besides when some safety harnesses lowers all you see is directly in front of you and not the person next to you.
- Use single rider if you’re using the Child Swap program. You’re going to experience the ride alone anyways, might as well check the single rider line first.
- Some of the more popular rides get long wait times, such as the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, especially with the new enhancements. Always ask if the single rider line is open, besides you’re watching the new 3D film the whole time.
Single Rider Don’ts:
- Use single rider on attractions that are fun to do together like Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges at Islands of Adventure. You’ll definitely want to see the shock of your friends, daughter, son, significant other or whomever you decide to enjoy the ride with when they get soaked and you don’t.
- Use the single rider at Men In Black at Universal Orlando if you want to fairly compare your score with your friend’s at the end.
- Stick together if you want ride photos. You never know when Islands of Advnetures’ Jurrassic Park, Hulk or Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey photo that was snapped as you were screaming for dear life might be the next Christmas card.
- If the ride is 15 minutes and under, tough out the normal line, sometimes it’s much faster.
If you are the only one in your party who likes to ride roller coasters or you just want to know which rides offer single rider lines for future reference, here’s a few of the single rider queues at Orlando theme parks:
Universal Studios: Rip, Ride and Rockit, Men In Black, Revenge of the Mummy
Islands of Adventure: Incredible Hulk, Dr. Doom’s Fear Fall, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park, River Adventure, Dudley Do-Rights Rip Saw Falls and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This one is harder to find, you just have to do a little searching. Go into the castle through the door on your left, pass through the locker area and find a cast member. They will then direct you to the single rider line.
Walt Disney World ®: Test Track (Epcot ®), Expedition Everest (Disney’s Animal Kingdom ®), and Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster (Disney’s Hollywood Studios ™).
SeaWorld Orlando: Journey To Atlantis
To test out the single rider Do’s & Don’ts tips on your next Orlando vacation find discounted Walt Disney World ®, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando tickets right here on BestofOrlando.com. Good luck!