Walt Disney World resort is ever-changing. From new foods to new attractions, Walt Disney would be proud this theme park for sticking to his motto of “Keep Moving Forward.” In addition to new rides and shows, Walt Disney World continues work towards making guest experiences more painless. With recent My Disney Experience app features like Mobile Ordering and other innovative tools like Magic Bands, Disney has made it a point to convenience their guests in any way possible!
Earlier this year in April, Disney announced a feature to be added to the My Disney Experience app, which would allow guests to unlock their hotel room with their phone. Initially, this service was only available to guests staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort, but the service is now available at all Walt Disney World Resorts.
This unique feature will be a game-changer for those guests who end up staying on property for their Disney vacation! Instead of worrying about getting locked out of their room, guests will have peace of mind knowing they always have their phone as backup.
In addition to unlocking their hotel room, guests can also use this My Disney Experience feature to unlock their hotel entrance gate, and any hotel common areas – such as elevators, gyms and club levels – that may require a key. Much like a Magic Band, guests can also use this keyless room entry option to skip Front Desk check-in!
How To Use Your Phone To Unlock Your Room:
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone to get started.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the My Disney Experience app to your phone.
- Once the app is downloaded, log into your My Disney Experience account.
- If your reservation isn’t already linked to your account, use the confirmation number to link it.
- After your reservation is linked, view your resort reservation.
- Select “Unlock Door” and agree to use your phone to unlock your door.
- Hold your phone up to the resort room’s door lock.
- Enter your room and start enjoying your vacation!
If you decide throughout your trip that you would no longer like to use your phone to unlock your room, visit the Front Desk of your resort for assistance.
As you can see, things are always moving in a new and exciting direction at Walt Disney World. Between FastPass+, Mobile Ordering and now Keyless Room Entry, it’s safe to say that Disney really cares about their guests and making each vacation as magical as possible!