The all-new Toy Story Land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is set to open on June 30. The area will give guests the sensation of shrinking down to the size of a toy as they explore Andy’s backyard and see their favorite Toy Story characters like they never have before.
Inside the land will be thrilling rides including the family-friendly coaster Slinky Dog Dash and the dizzying Alien Swirling Saucers. The area will also be home to a 3D adventure through carnival midway games and of course, you won’t get far without bumping into Andy’s many toys.
As you ready for the new land, here are some fun facts about the toys, rides and characters inside Toy Story Land:
- There really are a ton of toys in Andy’s backyard. More than 400 toy blocks to be exact!
- Remember how we said you shrink down to the size of a toy in Toy Story Land? Well it’s evident when you come across Andy’s 25-foot-long footprint. It’s the equivalent of a size 240 shoe.
- Speaking of Andy’s shoes, they are so big it would take one of Andy’s Green Army Men roughly 12 steps to travel the length of one of his shoeprints.
- The Buzz and Woody figures that tower over Toy Story Land are so tall you would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry them.
- The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000 gallons of milk.
- Together, Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 7½ Green Army Men standing on top of one another.
Stay tuned for more fun facts and details on the grand opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In the meantime you can check out the construction site with discounted tickets here on Best of Orlando.