About Manatee Adventure by Real Florida Adventures
Explore as much of Florida as possible with an in-depth experience that’s carefully crafted by Real Florida Adventure. Enjoy an action-packed excursion with a overview of the day before you head out to the stunning Crystal River on the Gulf Coast, 80 miles north-west of Orlando – Manatee Capital of the World. Here, it’s the only place in America where it’s legal to swim with manatees. You’ll discover beautiful natural springs and lots of wildlife before gearing up for the signature Manatee Snorkel, supervised by a Coast Guard Certified Captain*. Learn and meet the unique West Indian manatee, up close and personal in the crystal-clear water.
Then, it’s off to the 210-acre Homosassa Springs State Park, where there’s incredible local wildlife to see and learn about, including the endangered Florida panther, black bears, red wolves, bobcats and alligators, plus birdlife. Also, experience Nature’s Fish Bowl, an underwater observatory built over the mouth of the main spring, where fish swim and where the park has its own manatee rehabilitation program. You’ll also enjoy an inclusive lunch here too. Finally, the day ends with an exciting airboat ride on the Withlacoochee River, another natural haven where you can see more wildlife in its natural habitat.
*Please note, any person wishing to do the manatee swim must rent a wetsuit prior to boat departure. Snorkel equipment is provided free.
• Boat tour of Kings Bay and Crystal River
• Complimentary Mask and Snorkel
• Packed Lunch
• Admission into Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
• A wild airboat ride on the Withlacoochee River
• Roundtrip Transportation from International Drive, Disney and Kissimmee areas
• Professional, Certified and Licensed Tour Guide
• Mandatory $10 wetsuit rental fee for any swimmers