Just as Oktoberfest takes over Europe, Busch Gardens Tampa will celebrate its own version with the return of Bier Fest this August. This year’s event features cabins throughout the park serving more than 50 drinks options, including seasonal, local and international brews as well as non-beer options and an all-new Oktoberfest-inspired menu. Not to mention the local bands performing and the park’s usual thrill rides, all of which make Bier Fest a can’t miss this fall.
In celebration of the start of Bier Fest this weekend, let’s take a look at just what sort of goodies the festival has in store.
Foodies will love what Busch Gardens is serving up this August. From such authentic German dishes as brats to pierogies and more, here’s what’s new at this year’s annual Bier Fest:
- Bratkartoffeln - Fried Potatoes with chives caramelized onions and bacon
- Konigsberger Klopse - German Meatballs in a white wine caper sauce
- Pretzel Bratwurst
- Sauerbraten Sliders
- Potato Pancakes
- Brisket Poutine
- Cheese Pierogis
- Ruben Brats
Was these tasty eats down with one of 50 types of beers including lagers, ales, pilsners, IPAs and hefeweizens. You can even choose from some Tampa Bay favorites as:
- Cigar City Fancy Papers Hazy IPA
- Leaven Brewing Cheeky Blonde
- Tampa Bay Brewing Reef Donkey
- Bitburger Premium Pilsner
- Coppertail Free Dive IPA
- Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc
Not a beer drinker? No problem. You can still enjoy a drink with local ciders and sours such as:
- Keel Farms Agrarian Two Henrys Mango Cider
- Cigar City Homemade Apple Pie Cider
- Crooked Thumb Strawberry Sour
- Flying Boat Raspberry Passionfruit Sour
Make your Oktoberfest experience complete with live music at the Coke Canopy Stage in the Bird Gardens. Here is this year’s lineup.
- Aug. 12-14 - The Rundown Band
- Aug.19-21 - Slickwood
- Aug. 26-28 - Fire & Ice
- Sept. 2-5 - Blue Stone Circle
Showtimes are Friday - Sunday at 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
Bier Fest runs every weekend from Aug. 12 through Sept. 5 and is included with park admission.
Not to mention tunes from rising musicians, animal encounters and Busch Gardens usual thrill rides. Bier Fest,