Now in its 10th anniversary, Busch Gardens Tampa: Christmas Town is the longest holiday celebration in the Tampa Bay area, the holiday event will offer brand new experiences to go along with not only the holidays but the milestone
Every year since its inception, Christmas Town has ushered guests into the magic of the season with millions of twinkling lights, shows, holiday light displays, sweet treats and the usual thrill rides. This year, guests can experience all of that and much more from Nov. 14 through Jan. 9.
Here’s what’s new at Busch Gardens’ Christmas Town for its milestone celebration:
- Holiday in the Sky – The night sky above Busch Gardens Tampa will explode with the colors of the season in the new show, Holiday in the Sky. In addition to the festive fireworks a spectacular water fountain show will leap and dance to a reimagined soundtrack with classic holiday tunes. Holiday in the Sky will take place on the Festival Field on select event nights.
- The Serengeti Overlook – This will also dazzle with a mesmerizing and enchanting musical light and projection show. The production will run daily every 15 minutes starting at 6 p.m.
- Christmas with the Celts – Experience Christmas in Ireland with Christmas with the Celts. The group brings the magic of Christmas to life with Christmas Carols combined with Irish dance. The renowned group of vocalists, musicians and dancers will perform live at Stanleyville Theater’s stage Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Dec. 16 through Dec. 25.
- Land of the Sweets – There are two new characters to join the Sugar Plum Princess in her new realm. Make sure to find the Sugar Plum ballerina stilt walker and her Cavalier soldier at the Land of the Sweets.
- Christmas Tree – Really get into the holiday spirit with a 32-foot-tall Christmas tree located right in the heart of Jungala. Surrounding the tree is a red and white winter wonderland.
Returning fan-favorites include Santa’s North Pole Experience, presented by Coca-Cola. Here guests can step inside Santa’s workshop as jolly elves guide you through his workshop as he prepares for the holiday season. Just outside the experience sits Santa’s sleigh, where guests can stop for a photo. See the rest of Santa’s crew over at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland. Here Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is joined by Clarice and Bumble for a jolly meet-and-greet. Mrs. Claus even makes an appearance as she tells stories of the season in Storytime with Mrs. Claus.
Christmas Town’s other entertainment includes:
- “Christmas on Ice” – Be swept away with Busch Gardens’ longest running holiday show, “Christmas on Ice '' at The Moroccan Palace Theater. Watch as fantastic ice skaters transport you to a winter wonderland in a magical show set to classic holiday tunes.
- Elmo’s Christmas Wish – Join Cookie Monster, Rosita, Grover, and Zoe in the Sesame Street Safari of Fun area of the park as they help Elmo find his Christmas wish! Elmo’s Christmas Wish is sure to keep the kids jolly with plenty of singing and dancing.
- Three Kings Journey – The musical tale of the three wise men’s journey to Bethlehem is celebrated at Dragonfire Grill during select nights from Nov. 18 through Jan. 8.
- Holly Jolly Express – The holly-est, jolly-est train in town offers guests a unique way to take in Christmas Town. The train loops around the park with favorite songs of the season playing for all to sing.
All-New Seasonal Menu
Adding a little extra jolly to the fun at this year’s Christmas Town are the many new eats and specialty cocktails. Busch Gardens will feature some new cabins with tasty entrees and desserts including:
- Red Curry Shrimp and Jasmine Rice
- Wild Mushroom Tart with Boursin Cheese Crema
- Braised Beef and Roasted Garlic Smashed Potato
- Unique cabin serving Wine and Chocolate Truffles
- A “Decorate Your Own Cookie” Cabin for kids