It’s that time of year again. The time to prepare yourself for the terror and fear that is about to take over Universal Orlando Resort for Halloween Horror Nights 2022. This year the park will welcome six horrifying original concepts amongst its 10 haunted houses. There will also be five sinister scare zones and two wildly entertaining live shows. The horror begins Friday, September 2 and runs select nights through October 31.
Halloween Horror Nights 2022 won’t be like any other HHN you’ve seen before. In celebration of the event’s 31st anniversary, some of guests’ worst nightmares will come to life in experiences inspired by traditional Halloween haunts. Prepare yourself for everything from vengeance-seeking pumpkins and witches to twisted trick-or-treaters and grotesque bugs. For a breather from the screams, guests can watch two live shows, snack on sinfully delicious food and drink, shop the latest merchandise in an all-new Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store and enjoy Universal Studios’ most exciting rides and attractions.
Here’s an overview of what’s coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2022:
FEATURED HAUNTED HOUSES
There are 10 Haunted Houses in all this year, and four of them based on some of the most exciting horror stories ever.
- “The Weekend: After Hours Nightmare” You might want to “Save your Tears” for another day and Run Away from this After Hours thrill, as “Blinding Lights” shock and awe a gruesome scene of music and mayhem.
- “Halloween” Based on the original 1978 classic, find the silent and menacing presence of Michael Myers as you face him on this first killing spree.
- “The Horrors of Blumhouse.” It’s always fun to go into the world of Blumhouse Productions. This year go inside two of their popular horror flicks: Freaky - where an unexpecting teen and ferocious serial killer switch bodies, and The Black Phone - where a serial child killer, The Grabber, abducts a 13-year-old boy.
- “Universal Monsters: Legends Collide” Classic Universal monsters will face each other, and you’re stuck in the middle of this epic battle as The Wolf Man, Dracula and The Mummy paths cross.
SIX NEW ORIGINAL HAUNTED HOUSES
Nothing is better than the Original Houses at HHN. Where we see the scariest thoughts from the darkest spaces from the Halloween Horror Nights team. This year, Universal has taken their haunted houses and added the unimaginable with 6 new ORIGINAL haunts that will bring a new level of horror to the event:
- “Spirits of the Coven” They bring those who dare inside a 1920s speakeasy where they will discover they are the main ingredient of witch’s brew
- “Bugs: Eaten Alive” Is there anything creepier than finding creepy crawlers like roaches, spiders and flies where you least expect them? Guests will face a putrid, skin-crawling infestation of them you can’t escape.
- “Fiesta de Chupacabras” Try your best to escape the infamous fanged creature.
- “Hellblock Horror” Attempt to survive visiting hours for horrifying monsters serving time.
- “Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake” Experience a terrifying winter like you never have before in a seaside village ruled by an undead fisherman.
- “Descendants of Destruction” You’ll never want to ride the subway again after encountering mutants living in them.
You’ve walked through the horror of a haunted house and are now free of the fear but there is more lurking in the shadows, and you’ll find them in Halloween Horror Nights five scare zones. This year, hordes of creatures from Halloween’s past take over the streets of Universal Studios Florida including:
- “Horrors of Halloween” The Pumpkin Lord has taken root and all his devious subjects have taken over the streets.
- “Scarecrow: Cursed Soil” Scarecrows who stop at nothing to harvest your screams.
- “Sweet Revenge” A terrifying 1950s Halloween parade-gone-wrong with bloodthirsty trick-or-treaters.
- “Graveyard: Deadly Unrest” An ominous Halloween thunderstorm with a cast of undead.
- “Conjure the Dark” An evil sorceress bringing forth an army of ravenous monstrosities.
TWO LIVE SHOWS
The only place you can really escape the scares this Halloween Horror Nights is during one of the events’ two live shows.
- Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire: Be wowed by the performance group , The Fuel Girls , as they highlight a new Dreamer in this performance set to a rock and electronica score.
- Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale: The all-new show at Universal Studios’ lagoon show follows the Grim Reaper as he takes you beyond the grave. It’s all set to remixed music by some of today’s most iconic artists.
THE HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS TRIBUTE STORE
Everything you see in the streets of Universal Studios Florida will be available for purchase at the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store. That’s right all of the horror will be showcased in a collection inspired by the iconic Halloween haunts featured throughout the event. The store is as immersive as the rest of the event. Guests can shop the latest Halloween Horror Nights merchandise all while walking through a Pumpkin Patch, Cemetery and Witch’s Cottage – eventually making their way to the final room – an elaborate Halloween festival set in the same town as the store’s neighboring scare zone, “Sweet Revenge.”
LIMITED-TIME HALLOWEEN EXPERIENCES AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S HOTELS
Guests who want to get a jump on the screams can stay close at one of Universal Orlando’s hotels where they can enjoy exclusive benefits like access to a dedicated entry gate for the event (with valid event admission) and complimentary transportation to the theme parks and Universal CityWalk. Additionally, hotel guests also get exclusive access to limited-time Halloween Horror Nights experiences, including “Universal Monsters Gallery of Legends” at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. The event features photo opportunities inspired by the terrifying trio of Universal’s classic Monsters – The Mummy, The Wolf Man and Dracula.